You Respond With Trust In Christ:
In Ephesians 2:8-9 the Bible says, "For it is by grace you have been
saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of
God -- not by works, so that no one can boast."
You Respond By Turning To God From Sin:
"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out ..."
You Respond By Receiving
"Yet to all who received Him,
to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become
children of God ..." (John 1:12).
Receiving Christ Means:
- Admitting you are a sinner.
- Repenting, turning from your sin to God.
- Believing Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.
- Inviting Christ to come into your life and trusting Him to forgive your sin.
- You must be willing to submit to Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
- Allowing God to direct your life. Receiving Jesus Christ is not just
an emotional experience; nor is it just agreeing in your mind that
Jesus is the Son of God. It means total trust, total commitment.